Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Scariest Thing!

Here is my entry for Susanna Leonard Hill's 8th Annual Halloweensie Contest. The rules are that the story must be for children (12 and under), and has to be 100 words or less. It must include the words shivercauldron, and howl. Of  course, it must be Halloween themed. Enjoy mine and then go to Susanna's website and read all the other entries! Or join in the fun. You have until Halloween at midnight to post your own Halloweensie story!

The Scariest Thing!

(91 words)

My mom is a witch.
She cackles and screeches
And stirs her black cauldron.

She doesn't scare me.

My dad is a werewolf.
He is covered in hair
And he howls at the moon.

He doesn't scare me.

My sister is a ghost.
She shrieks in the night
And wanders through walls.

She doesn't scare me.

My brother is a bat.
He has sharp pointy teeth
And a terrible bite.

He doesn't scare me.

My teacher is human.
She makes my spine shiver.
 'Cause she can give homework,

On Halloween night!

5 comments:

janet smart said...

Neat! Nothing scarier than a teacher giving homework on Halloween night.

Gregory E Bray said...

My son is scared by homework as well. =) Good luck!

Unknown said...

Ha! Clever!!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Hahaha! Nothing scarier to a child than a teacher with the power to ruin Halloween with homework! We are all afraid of different things! Thanks for joining in the Halloweensie fun, Tim!

JeanJames926 said...

This was such a fun story. Homework is definitely scary!