Thursday, January 19, 2012

Alien comics

A.L.I.E.E.E.N.: Archives of Lost Issues and Earthly Editions of Extraterrestrial NoveltiesA.L.I.E.E.E.N.: Archives of Lost Issues and Earthly Editions of Extraterrestrial Novelties by Lewis Trondheim
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Since I've liked pretty much every First Second book I've read I have decided to read all of them or at least all that I can get from my local library. This was the first one I read as part of this personal challenge and I liked it well enough though I think it might have been better as part of a compilation of comics from multiple authors. The concept of alien comics is full of possibilities that I'd love to see other artists/writers explore. This story definitely has a European edge, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. There were some rather startling developments and twists throughout and an overall impression of woe and despair. Kids would probably just see it as goofy. Adults may want to reread it in order to confirm what they think it is about.

View all my reviews

No comments: